The company was founded in 1918 by the Vergani family as a wood trading business for the furniture industry.

The founder’s son, Paolo, started the production of multilayer panels in 1950.
In the Sixties, Paolo Vergani purchased the Ilver shipyard and Nord Compensati transformed its business accordingly, starting to design and produce phenolic marine plywood for boatbuilding.

With the third generation and Francesco Vergani entering the company, the innovation process continued.

In the early Nineties, lightweight, soundproofing, fireproof sandwich panels were designed and manufactured, for the construction of yachts offering superior performance. Innovation and development are based on environmental sustainability.

Nord Compensati exclusively uses wood from sustainable forests, selects recyclable materials, exploits clean and renewable energy sources, and since 2015 it has implemented formaldehyde-free production. After almost one century of history, tradition and innovation, Nord Compensati is a leading actor in the Italian marine plywood business and a key player in the boatbuilding industry in Italy and worldwide.

1918

The Vergani Family starts trading wood

1950

Start of production od multilayer products for furniture

1965

Entering the Boatbuilding business with the production of marine plywood

1978

The company obtains the RINA certification for production

1980

Direct import of Teak logs

1990

Production of the first Sandwich Panels for boatbuilding

1994

Opening the first office in Burma for Teak sourcing

1998

ISO 9001 Quality Certification

2000

New 15,000 sqm manufacturing and logistics center

2015

Production entirely formaldehyde-free